Encouraging and supporting the Episcopal Diocese of Honduras to be faithful to the Good News of Jesus Christ, as she bears witness to the people of Honduras and the world.
The vision of Honduras Development Network is to encourage and support the Episcopal Diocese of Honduras in becoming spiritually vibrant, economically self-sufficient, socially just and environmentally responsible.
We do this by:
- Developing, encouraging and facilitating partnerships between the North American and Honduran churches
- Supporting the operations of the Diocese of Honduras as it moves to self-sufficiency
- Funding local church initiatives that support the long-rang vision of the diocese
- Identifying and networking gifts and needs of both North America and Honduras to fulfill God's mission in Honduras
Why we do this:
- The mission of the Episcopal Church, as stated in the Book of the Common Prayer's catechism (p. 855), is "to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ."